Jul 05 2010
At last my energy levels have returned to what they should be and we have eventually commenced decorating! We had a slight problem with the tiles on the floor of the downstairs loo but I will reveal that story when it is finished and I have some pictures to show you.
We’ve started on Kate’s bedroom. I have given in and am letting her have pink walls in the hope that having to sleep within pink walls for a couple of years will eventually steer her in the direction of some vivid teals and greens which look fab with her red hair!
So, it is going to be Designers Guild’s Petal on the walls. I had thought about getting full length eyelet ready made curtains but our windows are very wide, over 100 inches/250 cm and the 90 inch curtains would be too skimpy and I couldn’t find anything I liked in the 106in. Then, I reckoned she’s be putting toys/storage under the window so decided to go with Mulberry Walk fabric. We can’t do roman blinds as it is to the front of the house and would look naff from the outside so made to measure curtains it is but just to below the cill.
The Mulberry Walk has just enough green in it to keep me happy and enough pink for her so all is well
She has decided she has outgrown her homemade castle bed. I have an antique oak single bed – headboard and footboard but without the irons – that I bought at an auction over 10 years ago and we have never used it. So the plan is to paint it and Brian will connect it somehow to her bed. And we will finish it off with some Mulberry Walk bedlinen. I’m also going to let her choose some of the Mae fabric wall stickers when they arrive – all in the name of research, you understand!
We started painting it yesterday evening and the children were painting the lower edges with 2 tiny little brushes and some paint in a jar and they did so well and enjoyed it so much. Okay, they wouldn’t win decorator of the year but I gave it the occasional brush stroke to brush out the harsh edges or any excess and it was fine.
Pics of the actual room coming up soon then – hopefully!
8 Responses to “Decorating at Chez Garrendenny has commenced”